|If you have a concern about TDS Fiber construction around your property, please use the Billings triage line 1-855-259-8576 or go to their website for more info.|
The Public Works Department houses a robust Engineering Services Division. The staff of 20 (+) professionals provides comprehensive oversite to review, permit and inspect 3,000 construction sites and master plans each year. Additionally, this team manages $65 million of capital projects including roads, traffic controls, sidewalks, storm, solid waste, water, and wastewater projects.
Construction Season Project Updates
|2023 Sewer Main Replacement Project Update September 25, 2023||2022 Water Main Replacement Project Final Update|
August 11, 2023
|2023 Water Main Replacement Project Final Update|
September 5, 2023
Find details about current and planned projects in the tabs below.
2023 Planned Projects
Annual paver program projects include the following locations
Various locations including: Southside, 8th Street West, 29th Street West & Rimrock Road
Annual sidewalk program projects include the following locations
Street Construction and Reconstruction
Reconstruction projects include the following locations
Traffic Control Projects
- Grand Avenue and 3rd Street West (Additional details)
- Crosswalk upgrade at Jackson Street and Francis Avenue
- Signal Installation at Grand Avenue and 32nd St West
- Signal improvements along 24th St West at the Grand, Lewis, Mall, and Monad Intersections. As well as Grand Avenue and Rehberg Lane
- W.O. 22-37 Landfill Drop-Off Building Repairs to the damages caused by the fire inside the Drop-Off Building are progressing, with Final Completion targeted for June. Operations will continue and not be impacted by any of this work.
- W.O. 20-46 Landfill Compost Facility construction is planned to start the last week of April on the new Compost Facility, located south of the existing Landfill on the south side of the intersection of Hillcrest Road and Stratton Road. Construction should be complete and the facility operational in the fall of 2023.
Water, Wastewater, and Storm Projects
For annual water, wastewater (sanitary sewer), and storm water (storm drain) project information, please see construction project map above. Status updates are also posted regularly above during construction season.